Kindergarten is a critical bridge between preschool and the elementary years. Utilizing research-based, outcome driven teaching techniques and curriculum along with implementation of best practice in child development theory, Lamb School offers a kindergarten learning environment that is rigorous but joyful. We offer a challenging academic curriculum coupled with hands-on, developmental, play-based activities to build a firm foundation for young learners. We also bring a commitment to developing a child’s Christian worldview by integrating our Bible curriculum into everything we teach and do. Our goal is to nurture the whole child, providing a firm Christ-centered foundation for readiness and success in elementary education.
- Lamb School Bible Curriculum: A Survey of the Old and New Testaments, Personal application
- Abeka K5 Phonics, and Reading Curriculum, A-Z Leveled Readers
- Writer’s Workshop
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Social Studies: Community, State & National Heritage, Geography, Citizenship, Government, Culture, Historical Figures, State & National Holidays
- Science: Obervation & Investigation of God’s creation, Scientific Reasoning, Matter, Motion, Energy, Earth and Space, Geology, Weather, Plants, Animals, Health, STEAM Lab Experiences
- ACSI Math Curriculum: Number Sense, Counting, Geometry, Measurement, Addition, Subtraction, Graphing, Algebraic Reasoning, Word Problems, Money
Kindergarten students attend chapel every week in our Worship Center. They also attend Music, and Spanish class weekly. Kindergarten students will develop a sense of wonder, embrace creative expression and deepen their problem solving skills and critical thinking capabilities.
- Bible curriculum integrated throughout the day
- Rigorous academic curriculum coupled with developmental, hands-on, play-based learning
- Small class size (8 – 10 students) with individualized learning plans
- Teaching techniques honoring best practice in developmental theory
- Assessment in Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Development of a life-long learners, problem solvers and critical thinkers
- Nurturing family like environment
- Safe and secure facility
- Highly educated, experienced teaching staff
- Enrichment classes in Music, STEM, Art as well as special events to extend classroom learning
- Extended outdoor experiences for active play, adventure and exercise
- COVID-19 enhanced health protocols in our classroom and facility
Kindergarten students will engage in special events throughout the year to extend classroom learning and will particiapte in various projects geared toward serving the community.